View Single Post
Corrupted by power

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimT View Post
Since you already own a bunch of the pieces you need roll with it..

Yes better control of all aspects of the engines operations..I'm going to delve further into the Microsquirt sequencer and what it can do.. It may have available channels where you can use knock sensing.

With 8.5:1 you will get crisper off boost throttle response.. though maybe not so much with a small displacement engine. I just put that out as anecdotal..We have built a number of 8.5:1 turbos... some with CIS.... and haven't experienced problems that were purely c/r related...

The new Porsche 997 turbo runs 9.0:1 cr Granted they are water cooled... .. On a related note our 935 clone is 8.7:1 and we sometimes run it at 1.6 bar... usually it runs at 1.2 bar...The only failure this engine sees is if it is over revved... other than that bullet proof..
MUST KNOW MORE. How are you getting these pressures at this CR w/ such large pistons? Is it ECU regulated for short bursts? FAT fuel maps to cool the charge on load?

Quote:
Back to the engine management side.. you can run fat in areas of the map to keep EGT in check..)
Damn, I can't trust whatIi read. High CR, big boost and reliability...WTF??? And to think I thought I needed water injection to get over 1 Bar...

Quote:
My car weighs 1846 wet
SICK.

I will probably come in at 2100 lbs - this car will have some creature comforts, albeit not many. Mostly carpet, engine pad, some tunes, etc. All steel body hurts weight...

Last edited by BARknucklehead; 05-27-2009 at 09:18 PM..
Old 05-27-2009, 09:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)