View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
project 265/45/16 CUMho, lower, bumpsteer, corner balance, align

Drop'd her off @ me local P wrench / speedshop for the above yest. and await Tire Crack's shipment of them ohso potentially delectible CUMho Ecsta's.

For now, it's on the scales.

No driver, fumes (literally): 2755lbs - this - after I removed a verified 150lbs of 'crap', interesting insight into the curb weights of these. I'm pretty satisfied with that # for now.

Nice was the L/R & F/R 'spreads' - not too bad of baseline disparities. IIRC, it was something like F 485/460 R 913/889 (don't go doing the math I'm just spewing #'s from yesterday's 1/2 synapse). So hopefully will dial in nicelike.

Alwaysalways some ohso tastybits to be found @ Musante when I go. A silver/blue 993tt, some crazysic orange 914-6 racer, Chris's RSR, and this '76 mit Better Bodies Bits... anyone recognize? Whilst I'm not mucha fan of the open slat look for the fender vents, the package as a whole was fersure boingerific - quite well set up / executed... BOING! (excuse 951 colleague's cruddy iPhone pix):

Other random interesting scenery - gratuitious shot in front of their new digs (verrrry nice upgrade for them BTW, wicked scenic scene / uber layout & spread)... my junker, owner Chris' yellow RSR on lift, his wife's superclean Mexico Blue '77:

Love this color, car was setup real decent:

Course tires not there and now they're off to run Watkins Glen event; I'll report back on lowering / corner balance results / tire pics & impressions hopefully Monday. I'm am beyond giddy to finally tackle this much needed punchlist item, and the prospect of these new 265's has got me bonerfied...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 05-27-2009, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)