View Single Post
Corrupted by power

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
I'd sell off the goodies and pick up a 84-84 3.2 long block for about $5k with the Nickisel (sp) cylinders. Already has some of the best turbo cams, intake manfold, fuel rails. Just fit J&E pistons and almost there.
Yes, I understand the logic, but I am a contrarian. Soapbox time...

Nothing grates at the fabric of my motoring being more than continual rote recital of "there's no replacement for displacement". I say there is "no replacement for a unique creation." Convention has its place for those who prefer to see a beautiful picture vs. relishing the challenge of solving the puzzle in pursuit of the picture. Both are great and totally subjective...the former just isn't for me.

My recipe: Add serious revs, mix it with positive manifold pressure, throw in some exotic alloys along with a healthy helping of currency and voila, nirvana.

The road less travelled may have more bumps and tollbooths, but the scenery is FANTASTIC. That's why it takes me 3 days to drive to California vs. 12 hours.

Hell, I may never even get to the end of a given journey, but damn wasn't it fun taking that last corner just a little too fast...

- Edit - Did I ever mention that I have a real disdain for common plenum intakes? Even Varioram. ICK.

Last edited by BARknucklehead; 05-28-2009 at 03:25 PM..
Old 05-28-2009, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)