View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazar01 View Post
Is it easier that way than pulling the DME plug and snaking it thru the firewall?
That's a lot of unplugging components. Injectors, sensors, etc.
But, it looks like the engine is so close to the firewall so pulling the plug and harness thru the firewall looks a little challenging. I will look into your suggestion.
Thanks.

I had the entire intake system off the car when I dropped the motor. Everything was unplugged in the engine bay. I put the harness up in the smugglers-area on the drivers side while I dropped the motor. After that, I pulled the DME plug through the firewall into the engine bay to take the harness off. In your case, if you don't need to work on the harness, you can just leave it in the car.

Unplugging everything wasn't very difficult. Then again, I was stripping everything down, and spending my weekends working on the car so I wasn't worried about how long it would take me to do anything. I had had the intake system off the car for a while and that allowed easy access to a lot of things, and made the motor drop a LOT easier. In my case I was jacking the car up with the rear wheels on the ground and pulling the motor out the motor out the front, so every bit of clearance was needed. In your case, maybe not so much.

Now that the engine is fully re-assembled, it will probably be more difficult to get back in. I haven't gotten to it yet, it's sitting, waiting. Potentially in a few weeks it will be back in.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)