View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARknucklehead View Post
Yes, I understand the logic, but I am a contrarian. Soapbox time...

Nothing grates at the fabric of my motoring being more than continual rote recital of "there's no replacement for displacement". I say there is "no replacement for a unique creation." Convention has its place for those who prefer to see a beautiful picture vs. relishing the challenge of solving the puzzle in pursuit of the picture. Both are great and totally subjective...the former just isn't for me.

My recipe: Add serious revs, mix it with positive manifold pressure, throw in some exotic alloys along with a healthy helping of currency and voila, nirvana.

The road less travelled may have more bumps and tollbooths, but the scenery is FANTASTIC. That's why it takes me 3 days to drive to California vs. 12 hours.

Hell, I may never even get to the end of a given journey, but damn wasn't it fun taking that last corner just a little too fast...

- Edit - Did I ever mention that I have a real disdain for common plenum intakes? Even Varioram. ICK.
++1

2.1 liters, MFI, 540hp @8000 RPM's... it doesn't get much sweeter than this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWeLuglJr9I

Officially sub'd for the long haul on this one.

Good luck!
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 06-04-2009, 04:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)