View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenikh View Post
Totally cool! Did you use the T cams or go SC? I'd think 240 HP is very attainable w/o an IC. I know of CIS 3L turbos making over 300HP w/o ICs; 100 HP/L isn't nuts at all. You just need to tune it super rich for WOT to keep the intake charge cool. I also thought static CR on these was 7.5...
The 72 and early 73 engines were MFI and 7.5:1. This is the 73.5 motor with "NEW" CIS injection. The factory bumped them to 8:1.

High power output is not the project goal for this car. 73.5 911Ts have become highly desireable as the last of the longhoods street drivers so I decided to leave the engine proper bone stock. The turbo hardware can be removed and with the addition of a couple of components return it to stock.

I have a take off 930 CAC but it won't fit without a whaletail and modification of the CIS manifold so CAC is a nogo. I believe chemical cooling has it's applications and it may go on.

It will have very distinctive turbine sound and mid range pull to augment the Porsche circa 1973 experience this car has.

Last edited by copbait73; 06-05-2009 at 05:42 PM..
Old 06-05-2009, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)