View Single Post

Congratulations, nice car! So you took one away from Denver eh? :|

Your exhaust looks stock, at least the muffler. Possibly there is a cat bypass. The cat sits between the turbo and the muffler and if you have a smooth tube there that means it's a bypass. This helps but you can get a nice power bump from replacing the muffler.

When you say dieseling do you mean when you shut the car off? There is a circuit that runs the last bit of fuel through the engine when you switch the ignition off so some run-on is normal.

I get about the same mileage but your WUR may be out of spec and allowing the car to run too rich. I have an adjustable WUR that I plan to install (search on that, and Brian Leask) that many have said can really help the car run better and with better mileage too.

RE: tuning, yes you should have your mixture/CO checked now that the car is no longer mile-high.

There isn't a really good aftermarket manual for the 930. Someone here had a line on the factory manuals, just a week or so ago, so do a search and I'm sure you'll find it. Many of the subsystems are shared or similar to the NA cars so you can pick up the 101 Projects book, the 911 Bentley manual, etc.

Hopefully someone else will answer re: the turbo markings. I did go with the K27S but traded away my stock turbo so don't know the diffs.

What size tires do you have (trying to gauge the size of your rims)?

Anyway, have fun and good luck w/ your new rocketship!

Past: '96 993, '98 986, '82 911, '99 986, '87 930, '86 951, '85 911 GTS3 race car
Old 06-12-2009, 03:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)