View Single Post

The interior is in excellent shape. The dash shows a little bit of sun damage but it's not cracked.

The Recaro seats are huge and very comfortable. They are so big that I can barely get my had between them to adjust the heater control.

When I got the car the passenger door would not lock. I could hear the actuator working but the door would not lock. It was this way for about 3 weeks. Everywhere I went I locked the door (or so I thought) and left the car. I left it at the mall twice like this; one time my computer was in the car. Luckily nobody f-ed with it.

I Took the door apart to find the little plastic cup on the end of the actuator had cracked since the actuator pulled down a litte further than the travel of the lock. I was able to do a repair on the plastic cup with a paperclip and washer. It was a fix right out of the McGyver TV show. It held but I really would like to get a new one.

Question: Does Porsche still carry this part for an 86? Do they carry any parts for 86's?

Last edited by spoke; 06-13-2009 at 11:24 PM..
Old 06-13-2009, 11:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)