View Single Post

Thank you guys for the compliments

Don: F--- no, not to worry, there will never be a 180 off that system. I am going to fab a muffler for it in the next month that will entail a 3 to 4 transition, a burns 4" muffler, 4" 90 degree out the back of the car, and finally a 4 to 3 transition to keep some of the pulses canceled out as to try to keep the cops away. Yes, the days of original exit exhaust are long gone haha

911st: I agree, I never understood how scavenging could be even remotely effective in the case of having a good amount of back pressure (the turbo). I also didn't have giant equal length headers made because its a hell of a lot of work for the fab guy.

Kenikh: thanks for your compliments

Now a word about the fabricator- I specified what I wanted in these headers (1 3/4" primaries, 2 1/4" secondaries, twin V44s, and divided T-4 flange) but this is where my input ended.
All the fab work you see was performed by John at 666 Fabrication in Milford Connecticut. John took my specs into consideration and ran with it to create what you see in the picture. When I tell you this guy does some serious work I mean it- he makes intake plenum's as well that are to die for (not for our cars....yet...).
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 06-18-2009, 09:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)