View Single Post

Garage
Update on the project, pictures in a few days. Problems and delays. Two weeks ago I pieced together everything for a leak check. Wow, the factory CIS box was toast and the pop-off valve was so poorly installed it’s a wonder this engine idled at all. As luck would have it I found a 73.5 CIS intake on eBay and it was without a pop-off valve.

Problem number two, my fancy adaptation to the throttle valve boot looked like it would be unreliable. Given the fact I will have a 7th injector system I can’t risk any leaks so with some searching I found a silicon 90 degree 3” to 2” reducer for this location. All this dictated modification to the piping and it now looks like a scaled down BAE set-up. With all these changes it passed 15 PSI check.

I’m in the process of final disassembly, paint, check, seal. I checked cam timing, reset the left and now both are dead center of spec. Engine will probably fire without tailpipe. I will then fab in chassis an unmuffled 2.5" pipe exiting at the stock location. Factory W/G moves at 5.5PSI and I’ll probably start with that for all the initial systems testing.

One more update on the shop, I picked up a disassembled 3.0L 930 Turbo motor. It’s pretty much stock with the exceptions of the normal upgrades of tensioners, valve covers, K27 turbo and ROW exhaust. Plan is to keep it stock and find it an appropriate longhood for installation.

Last edited by copbait73; 06-22-2009 at 06:15 PM..
Old 06-22-2009, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)