View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK-I View Post
Thierry,
Very impressive. I do have one question. Why disable the MAP sensor line to the stock WUR?

Dave, thanks fo your input

Good question actually !

Not easy to find my words sometime

In fact, this is because there is no need to use the boost "enrichment" function from the WUR in this setup. As there is a MAP sensor and complete map on the AIC device, the " boost enrichment function" can be done by the AIC + frequency valve. In other words , with this setup , the WUR is still used to provide the correct CP at starting (cold 2.9 bar) and during running ( Warm 4.5 bar) . But the WUR is no more used to handle the pressure control on boost. Thank to it map, the AIC controller + frequency valve can handle the pressure control on the complete RPM range . The WUR provide stable 4.5 b of PC..... the AIC+ freq valve can drop this PC at any requested value under 4.5 b ... (it can even drop the PC to 1.2 bar at 90% of duty cycle …I made the measurement )

As known by many here, the enrichment device of the WUR provides too rich mixture in the mid RPM ( just when the boost pressure occurs ). To cancel this fat mid, many members here are using an RPM activated switch ( often combined with BL adjustable WUR) to disable the WUR boost line below an RPM point ( 3500 -4500 RPM). ( the boost line is activated above this point only) The reason I disable the WUR boost line on this setup is somewhere very near...
Old 06-27-2009, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)