View Single Post

If going from 50% to 75 % gets .5 point of added AFR, will going from 25% to 75% get a full point?

If so, could drive the Lambda valve at 25% and re-set the CO at the head.

To achieve / test for the lowest control pressure, run the factory enrichment at the same time as the Andial valve at a max duty-cycle.

Achieving the lowest control pressure dose not necessarily confirm that the metering pin has reached full travel. I took my metering assembly apart and found that I could detail it so the pin could travel further depending on the CO adjustment.

Beyond that, we may need to make mods that will ensure the metering plate will travel past its stall point and to full engagement to max fuel delivery.

Any more than that would require re-adjusting the springs around the internal orifices in the upper chamber to a higher rate and or bumping/shimming the system pressure. Assuming the fuel pump can support the higher SP and flow rates.

Some believe that modifying the metering pin slits can increase fuel delivery. I have not been convinced of this but only because I have not studied it.

Unbelievable initiative and motivation.

Cheers.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)