View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Are you sure of this. I spent a good portion of 1984 helping to bring over 70 Porsche's and a few exotics over through the grey market. I myself brought over a fantastic 74 RS clone with all factory parts and a max moritz 3.2 liter engine for myself. The major hurtle was meeting EPA requirements. It was way too costly to bring these cars up to spec. The compliance center here in NJ was owned by the man who basically started the grey market and brought the early Ferrari's and lambos in. Cost to make these cars compliant were well over the cost of a new Porsche at the time. All of the cars we brought in were more than 5 years old so the owners could take advantage of the one time EPA exemption although DOT requirements had to be met. This was a far more reasonable approach....................................edit.. .........
Anthony,
My factory slant was imported into the US in '85 by an importer called, Exoticar Inc. (Gary Gnazzo). Port of Entry was Jersey. Heard of them?
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)