View Single Post

It sounds like we have a 930 SE on our hands here. The bigger intercooler is usually the telltale. Do you have four exhaust pipes coming out of the back If so, you have the hot motor 930S. The only guarantee is to spec the cams since all the other stuff (exhaust, intercooler and turbo) can be easily added after the fact, but that ain't happening anytime soon unless you just feel like pulling the motor apart :0
I have the same boost gauge and center console. Your Volt Meter looks like it might have been updated though... that looks like a newer version of the VDO and not the old plain jane version. The weird thing in the few pics is the steering wheel... most of them shipped with the "ventiloni" (sp, mine is stored safely away in a closet) three spoke. That is what the AJR copies are made to look like (which is what I have in the car now so I don't wear through the leather of the NLA original.
Funny story about that center console, besides making your calf sweat and cramp on any drive over 20 minutes, it makes it damn near impossible to heel-toe the car. Ron Zitza was ready to bust me back to the Blue group at a DE in Savannah after he rode along with me to give me some "turbo pointers" since I usually pilot a 944 and was not heel-toeing the 930S. Then I asked him to physically show me how to heal-toe with that monstrosity in the way. After he took a "warm lap" he told me to please never bring the car back to a track anywhere... apparently the thought of wadding up a factory slope finds a soft spot in even the most hardcore racer
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 07-07-2009, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)