View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
Looks like the color of money. Very rare, factory special wishes, and colectable.
Heh, awesome - hilarious.

Glad you guys enjoyed this, figured there's enough cognesceti and purebred gamer nutters amongst us to appreciate. Discogroovitude aside - it really IS a cool car (and I don't even like Targas). Apparently it's one of *two* '78s with such motif, the other I think he told me was a 930 coupe. Sonderwunschen, imported from Germany some years ago.

That interior is a trip (literally?). Fuhrmann's in person are def. tooootally "Stay Puff" - they're soooo cushy plush. It's def. not easy on the eyes - but hey - 1978 baaaby! It's unfort. sat for quite sometime so the interior needs some work. Musty city sprinkled with a healthy (cough) dose of mouse dung. He'd had it re-dyed years ago (the door tops came out the wrong color, the dash is correct), but a case of oil leaked on the pass seat and needs to be redone. The mats are great, screamin' red with black Martini script - kewl. Agreed tho - NEVER see Fuhrmann's and here we see 2x in a week! Bizarre fersure.

He got it from some FL atty that apparently ran the 3.0 N/A out of oil. My bud got it and barn'd it for years, and finally slapped in another '78 3.0 in a few months back. I'm detailing his '79 930 this weekend and hoping he'll bring the Martini over to tackle next - bringing it back from the grave will be fun, and I really want to get all that Purplehaze tint off it - blech!

Paul, wasn't red prior, yes surface oxidation in inner fender well - I think it's on the oil line but not sure. It's GP white not pearl, paint's so so, flaking in a couple of areas but overall decent. Pass rocker's obviously fugly, but otherwise the car's straight and solid. All the black is flaking off the brightwork which is a shame.

LOooooooooove them rear spoilers. Hadn't seen one in person yet - tasty!

Glad you guys enjoyed the pics - I enjoyed sharing them as it's def. a special car - SuperFreak nothwithstanding 8-).

Trying to get him to bring it to my event here next month (Audi's.... //SFest 8/29... but always Porsche's and other intriguing iron). Will be cool to see it out in it's element.

ps. the "38mi" bit was a baaaad attempt at a joke - 100km... car wasn't Fed'd, which is odd as it has the bumper Double D's but with euro reflectors next to them - weird.

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-10-2009, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)