View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanUK View Post
Hi Ed, I would think you wouldn't want to do much to your 930 at all. I personally (if I had your budget) would fit everything back as you seemed to be doing and just clean it up. Not sure if I'd even change the tyres as they were the original ones. I'd leave the engine and everything just as it is, why have it taken apart when you can just leave it exactly as it left the factory.
It would cost a lot of money to get it roadworthy and spoil it IMO, better to buy a car you can use.

As for the carrera, they are great cars and make a great start to 911 ownership/driving. You can always buy a 930 to drive later on if you get bored of the carrera. I love my '84 model 3.2 carrera.

Make sure you don't overdo the 930, don't remove any stickers or throw anything away that might be relevant. I removed a shabby looking sticker from my carrera in the door shut when I first got it, little did I know I was doing the wrong thing... Had my carrera 11 years now and don't want to part with him despite having a 930.
Have also look at a 1989 930 as a driver!!!

Oh, tell the girl in the 3rd video that 'She's hot' for me please
NOT ORIGINAL HAVE MADE SOME UPGRADES

The Miura is one of the very few non Porsche cars that I would love to own (finance permitting).
If the market does not change in the US may be looking of finance myself!!!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #132 (permalink)