View Single Post

Garage
Hi..i agree on the hose..im not arguing about that...but to only use a EFI clamp?!!!...then why did Porsche use crimped ends on these lines?...i tried what you said when i replaced these hoses couple months ago when they cracked from being too old and dry...those EFI clamps will not hold up to 75PSI!...(the return line is fine with a EFI clamp...no pressure on that side...but i must disagree with you on the clamps!...unless you enjoy engine fires like i had!! 2 in fact...(i was lucky and being safe with car in the garage...had the fire extinguisher ready )...because the lines blew off the fittings..remember there are 2 75 PSI pumps pushing that fuel down that line....not trying to be a smart ass..but good luck yo you!...i've seen cars go up in flames..it all over before you know it!!...its a sad sight watching a guy crying..as his pride and joy burns to the ground...i work on cars all day long...im a cert'ed toyota tech.

the other thing to remember...EFI clamps are used on injectors (lines)....on the low side of a pressure regulator...not on the high pressure pump side of the line
my 78 had crimped (steel collar) lines..i had to cut these off with a die grinder.
..i just looked at my 82..they use a diff' fitting..like you say with a loose collar..but a much smaller hose from the 78's

Last edited by american-kiwi; 07-20-2009 at 10:36 PM..
Old 07-20-2009, 10:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)