View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamchappy View Post
A suggestion that i used on my 3.0 SC non intercooled engine running 8lbs. MSD BTM boost retard ignition, and i used a cold start valve from a 3.0 SC plumbed into the intake pipe about 6" from the throttle body for a fueler that was fired by a pressure switch set at 4lbs.

I still use the fueler on my new 930 setup except it fires from a MSD RPM switch at 6,000 rpm.
Thanks for the reminder on the MSD BTM and fuel injector.

This project has a budget so for now I'm looking for a Sun distributor machine to rework the advance (old school from the turbo VW days of the early 70s). Besides there are stilll thousands of N.A. Porsches and air-cooled VWs out there needing this type of work.

If the Fueler is not repairable I have a TURBO WUR to try, then if all else doesn't work I'll trip a start injector.

I like W/A injection (chemical) because it goes to the core of air-cooled engine weakness and that is CHTs. More eligant than the raw fuel that they all need for cooling.

This car may not stay with me so that is a big consideration in systems selection.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)