View Single Post

Thanks

Thanks all. I haven't had a chance to reply. I have been stripping the car down. I'll post pics.

Yesterday I we pulled the engine and trans. Lots of up grades were done. A k27 turbo along with SS headers w/heat. It has an aluminum pressure plate and a performance flywheel. Clutch looks brand new. Maybe when they rebuilt it the did the clutch. Bad thing is that this case came with a LSD. It is not there. I have to contact the place in Nyack that did the 930 trans. Also they changed all the syncros so the trans shifts great. The butt heads didn't change the seals so it was dripping out the gear oil.

Engine ran strong. CIS is gummed up. It is going to be rebuilt.

I am going to put an intercooler. Don't know it it will happen over the next few weeks. Maybe in the winter. I am running out of money fast.

The main rear seal is leaking and it is being changed. Oil return tubes were leaking. They are being changed. I have to take off the air intake manifold. It seems mice/squirrels got in there. There are nuts and crap in there.

Boost sensor was bad. Replace it.

Valves, valve cover gaskets, Coil, plugs, cap, rotor, are getting done.

It seems that there is a problem that I am being told is normal for 930's. In the rear cross member that the rear struts go on to start to separate at the weld point. Well it has started in my car, so Mike at Mtech has a bracket that he makes and will weld the area that is separating and then weld a bracket on. Since the engine and trans are out. Its an easy job.

Great news is not rust what so ever. Rockers all look great. Floor boards inside and out great. Trunk, great. It has electrical problems. The two lights, oil pressure and alt light don't work. I have to find out why. No radio. Or wires. They had this big ass unit that took up the back seat. I ripped it out. It will be going up on ebay along with the seats.

I got two seats that match the interior in almost new condition. I was very lucky. Again Mike at Mtech in New Rochelle had them in stock. Great price.

So today I ripped out the interior. Man that was fun. Cleaned it all up. In a few days I will be putting in a sound system and then putting the new rugs. I ordered Charcoal gray RSR rugs. I want a two tone tan/black like the dash, inside the car.

I ordered new tires, front struts and rear shocks.

I also got the Fabspeed air intake upgrade.

I have a question. Brakes. They are the Carrera S brakes on the car. Are they OK for this car? Do I need to upgrade to the Turbo brakes or can these do for now?

Thanks all help is appreciated .

Robert
Old 08-19-2009, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)