View Single Post
Happiest when Tinkering

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930 porsche View Post
Here are pictures of my 1978 930 as I see it in my car. I tested th 6 pin as Nathan told me and everything seems to register just fine. The coil also is reading on my tester fine. I guest we have to go by elimination and narrow it down. We will eventually get it. I need all of you guys to pitch in. I finally got all the pictures and diagrams but they are not helping me nailing this small problem. Here it goes:

The BLK/PUR Tach wire at the 6 pin is talking to the 14 pin, But where does it go from there? I thought it went to the ignition switch but I checked it and no purple wire, only reds and 1 white. Now there is a purple wire obviously behind the tach but where is it going? On my drawing to the left behind the fuel guage there is a small round yellowish harness which has 6 wires including a purple wire which goes to a square relay which is located behind the boost guage. Also there is a purple wire at the front fuse box. The purple wire behind the tach is not talking to any of them in the front or rear of the car then where is it going and what am I missing? I know there is an easy solution but where? Help me figure this out.
Wheres your pic? You have continuity from the 6 pin to the 14 pin correct now check from the 14 pin female to the tach if you have continuity just to be sure check from the CDI plug to the tach 14 pin plugged in if you have continuity then you have either a bad CDI or a bad tach. If you have a friend that has a tach you can swap it out to eliminate that component.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 08-21-2009, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)