View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
I've got 23/31's t/b, h/d sport Bilstiens, 22mm Tarett sways, strut brace, poly graphite bushings all around, bump steer kit, Pagid "blue" pads frt. O.E.M. rear pads, wevo rear sway mounts, and the car is way low.

Mine is 100% street, can you say...HARSH RIDE...I think you can! Good thing I have dental coverage. When it comes time to refresh the suspension, I will go down a friendlier path.

Mark
That may be mostly your shocks. I would like to upgrade from Bilstein, but even having custom inserts is better than stock.

My friend is a Porsche mechanic and he and also Steve at Rennsports told me that the stock valving on 'sport' Bilsteins is just so wrong. Lack of dampening and also harsh as all get out over potholes.

Bilsteins lack a sudden relief valve when you bottom out so it clunks instead of absorbing the hit. The more expensive style shocks release pressure internally through some kind of valve when they bottom out. Bilsteins essentially just bounce and rattle your teeth.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)