View Single Post

Are the Wevo/Olins for the rear adjustable for travel range?
I don't think any rear shock is adjustable for travel range. When I had the Konis made for the front of my VW bus I gave Koni the minimum, maximum and ride height measurements and they made the shocks accordingly. With coil overs you would set the ride height, but it wouldn't effect the shock travel range unless it was extreme.
The Wevo shock is shorter than a RSR shock and works either with or without coil overs. I took some dimensions off our turbo body race car which may or may not help.
From the ground through the centerline of the wheel to the fender lip is 24". At that height I have approx. 3.5" of shock travel (-1" for the bump stop if you use it) The shock uses approximately 2" of travel set at the middle setting on the race track. It has a 30 click adjustment range. I have the ones on our street car set softer. I use 500 lb. rear coil overs, not sure what the torsion bar equivalent would be.
When you get closer to doing this I would give Wevo a call. They would be able to answer any questions.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)