View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Fish Tales

Musky - Pike

I was given a old but never been used rod and reel Friday, used it for the first time Saturday on Hi Land Lake in Hell Michigan. Off my buddy's dock I pulled in this 24 incher.

And about 20 minutes later I pulled in a similar but much larger fish. I could not get him on the dock though. My rod was bent all the way down, the lever and gearing would not allow me to pull him in further than 10 feet from shore. I had to let him out a little for fear of breaking the line. The fish fought another 15 feet away from me. I was pulling him back in and got a good look at him thrashing about, I estimate at least 33 inches long. At about 15 feet from shore the lure came flying back towards me, the monster got away - this time.

About 10 minutes after that I felt a good tug, but it did not set.

I fished for another two hours, but nothing. The day had started out with some old worms which had just expired. I caught 16 small fish with those including a fat and meaty 7-1/2" perch.

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x295/kach22i/MISC/

George, Architect

Last edited by kach22i; 09-13-2009 at 05:21 AM..
Old 09-13-2009, 05:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)