Thread: Vapor lock
View Single Post

Vapor lock

Hi fellow 930 enthusiasts,

My 89 930 is having vapor lock issues accdg. to my mechanic. Im from the Philippines and the weather here is hot and humid all year round .the car starts at once when cold but when the car is hot the car immediately starts right afrter shut down but after 15 to 20 mins after the car would just crank and would not start. the car starts easily the next day.When this symptom apppeared at 1st I brought the car to my mechanic and what he did was to disconnect the electrical connection of the cold start valve and then problem solved. the mechanic advised me to get a new thermo time switch.I was able to use the car for a month w/ out any problem while awaiting arrival of my TTS. When the TTS arrived we installed it and everything went well for a month then the symptom recurred.brought it to my mechanic and what he did was to disconnect the electrical supply of the cold start valve and problem solved except when the the oil temp is the 3/4 mark the engine will have difficulty starting 20-30 mins after shut down and will start only if you make several 5-7 second long cranking then the engine starts w/ some hesitation and some popping sound until it settles to a normal idle.I was thinking that the fuel accumulator is at fault my mechanic disagrees.
Sorry for the long letter.

thanks in advance,

tdh88
Old 09-18-2009, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)