View Single Post
After the next project

Garage
Updates and Pictures

Well,

The car could not be running better. I recently took the car to Monterey for the Historics and was able to do a parade lap at Laguna Seca as well.

This weekend my wife and I went with some friends (they drove their own car) to Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo for some wine tasting. We stopped at the James Dean Memorial and took a few pics of the car in front of the memorial. I also (20 miles later) turned 100,000 miles on the car and 2,000 miles on the new motor. This thing has never ran better and feels so tight and new. At one spot just before the memorial I was able to stretch her legs a bit and the speedometer was reading 155 two different times and she was still fighting hard so not sure how fast we could have gone and how accurate the speedo is. I figured it was also appropriate to be going 100 mph while I was rolling 100,000 miles. It seemed too perfect not to do.

Question, Can someone tell me how fast I should be going in 4th gear (stock ratios) at 3,000 rpm? This would tell me how accurate my speedo is.

I included a few pics from the trip. I have never been happier with the car and their is not even a drop of oil on the floor from her after the 400 mile trip.

Thanks again for all who helped with the rebuild and wisdom. I could not have done it without this forum.

Bryan

Old 09-20-2009, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)