Thread: Vapor lock
View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Ok, mine has been doing the same thing, ever since I got the car.

I have changed out the accumulator, the front pump check valve, the fuel head check valve!

I've changed out the infamous green wire, I've changed out my distributor pick up coil, I'm on my second new ignition coil, my second new C.D.I. box!

Mine did it with the stock WUR, amd still does it with my Brian Leask adjustable WUR.

It ONLY does it when the car is up to full temp. & sits for 10-45 minutes. Dead cold it always fires right up. After sitting for 45+ minutes it also always fires right up.

I've tried turning the pumps on via pushing down on the fuel head CO adjuster plunger screw, which works great and gets plenty of gas into the system. When I crank the engine after pushing down on the plunger screw, I can smell raw gas coming out the tail pipe, but it does not fire up.

If it is some where near the 45 minute mark when I try to start it, it cranks forever then very reluctantly fires, it labors to gain rpm no matter how much throttle is applied. After a few seconds of labored running it cleans up and is fine.

The problem seems heat related to me, and it seems more ignition related, is there any switch or sensor that could cut out the ignition, or at least cause a heavy voltage drain?

Could it be as simple as an overheating ignition switch?

Overheating starter solenoid?

Man I'm grasping at straws here, We cannot be the only 2 guys that are having or had this problem.

As you can all see, I've tried damn near everything that everybody has suggested.

I've been told that it might be a leaky injector, but how could a leaky injector cause all 6 cylinders to flood? And why if it is a leaky injector, will it not fire when I manually start the pumps. Even if 1 cylinder is flooded, the rest should fire off!

I've resolved myself to planning my starts & stops around a 1 hour window, simply to avoid this crap! But one can not always do this, mine is my daily driver.

Beyond frustrated.....
Mark
Old 09-20-2009, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)