Thread: Vapor lock
View Single Post

Garage
TDH888 and full quack

For full quack's problem, I like JFairman's leaking injector theory best. Sounds like a fuel issue, but there's NO WAY I'd rule out an ignition problem. I doubt it's a heated ignition switch or starter solenoid.

I'd try...ground the white wire to the over boost switch so you're taking it out of the system. Maybe the heat's causing it to go open circuit? Wiggle/clean the wires TO the CDI box. Wiggle/clean the 14 pin connector that goes into the rear fuse panel (will cause a no-start if not connected). Check the connections to the fuel pump relay sockets. Yellow relay okay? Jump it and take it out of the loop to see if that helps. Same with "delay relay". Dizzy cap okay? Does your tach needle jump around when trying to start it?

These are thing I'd check now that the more obvious stuff has been done. Maybe the heat is opening up some electrical connections or soldered joints.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)