View Single Post

Garage
High Idle - Vac. Lines maybe leaking?

I'm looking for things that would cause a high idle (1500 indicated) all the time. I removed the intercooler and unscrewed the air cleaner to get at the idle screw, I gave it a few quarter turns and it didn't seem to make any difference after I put it all back together, I don't have an 18inch screw driver but I will go out and get one today. I will also pickup a few extra parts I need to adapt a boost leak tester I have to the elbow under the CIS meter. I should also mention I checked the aav (I hope i'm not confusing that) and when I squeeze the hose the idle only drops a little bit def. not under 1000RPM indicated.

I noticed that on my aftermarket (B&B I think) intercooler the boost line that I suspect goes upfront for the brakes (and in my case clock boost gauge) is blocked off. Was this an installer oversight? was that supposed to be drilled open for cars with power assist brakes etc...? Maybe I could just put a t on the line already on the other side of the intercooler for testing? any thoughts?

hmm distributer vac canister is way rusty and looks very spent, both the vac lines seem to be connected with non leaking hose but I have not yet removed the pop off valve assembly to check the rest of the lines past this one electronic one. Can't I just unplug both the vac lines from the distributer to see if thats part of the effect?

Please ignore that busted intercooler mount - I'll look for a new pop off valve housing soon (or change to later piping).

Oh I should mention the car is an 87 930 with the extra air injection pump / veins removed.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)