Thread: Vapor lock
View Single Post

356-930 ,

My mechanic & I are debating because I told him that the TTS when the engine is hot the TTS does not turn on the CSV.But my mechanic objected because how come when the CSV is connected and he tries to the start the engine when the car has been shut down 30 mins after is having difficulty starting but when he disconnects the CSV the car starts immediately.He had ruled out fuel issues because when the CSV is connected and repeated crankings are done he could smell raw fuel in the exhaust. He is thinking more that the car might have a weak spark when the engine is hot because when the car is flooded because of repeated crankings the car refuses to start. The mechanic said that the CSV might be spraying fuel even when the car is hot thereby flooding it.The car simply refuses to start when its flooded.But when the CSV is immedately disconnected the car will sputter probably bec. of the flooding then it will settle to a nice idle.Do you have a wiring diagram of the TTS how its connected to the CSV or better yet a site were I can download the wiring diagram of the 89 930,so we can end my debate w/ my mechanic or at least we can diagnose & correct if theres a wrong connection.The forum has been very helpful and I hope somebody in the future will benefit from this discussion.

thanks in advace,

TDH 888
Old 09-26-2009, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)