View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
Hello - a very high idle that does not respond to adjustments made to the throttle bypass screw seems to often be caused by a failed deceleration valve . . . there are many threads about this problem floating around - here is one of them:

How to bypass decel valve?
Thanks for the lead, This afternoon I removed the Decel valve (well left it in but unhooked. I capped the line going into the "pop off valve assembly" and the the top part of the Y vac line but left the other side connected to the pop off valve. I also put a cap on the throttle body but left the line on the valve for looks (I have emissions testing coming up). After this the car wont start, not sure what I missed here are some pics of the work, Prehaps the check valve in the pop off valve vac line (the huge one that was split with the decel valve) was reinstalled by me backwards but I'm not sure why this would cause the car not to start, maybe some compressor surge if I didn't have the pop off working right but not start? I don't smell any fuel - I'll start with the fuel system fuses first tomorrow. anyone see anything I did wrong thats obvious?

Thanks

Charlie

here is the pop off valve capped up

Here you can see the Throttle body connection is capped, and the top of the T for the pop off valve itself and the decel valve port is capped off.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)