View Single Post

Garage
I captured a movie of me doing the test

'87 930 Vac line test from Charlie Burtoff on Vimeo.

Looks to me like you are correct! Disconnecting the line didn't effect the idle at all. I have an Timing light...Maybe I should test with that now as well. I could be wrong but I didn't detect any idle increase when plugging / unplugging the line after removing it from the distributer.

I'm thinking maybe I should replace the electronic valve or at least test it before I order a new vacuum retard thingy incase I need to replace them both.

Car really wasn't up to temp, I think the AAR had closed as the idle had come down but the "hunting" or bogging only happened for a min or two before it gets warm. I drove it yesterday about 10 miles and it never stalled or modulated idle after it got warm and settled at 1k.

I'll start shopping for a new vacuum for the distributer, there is a place near me called Easy Porsche I'm gonna give them a call shortly.

Thanks 911st! You guys rock! this forum is a great resource for anyone with one of these cars!

Last edited by Charlienofun; 10-02-2009 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: Wayne (the freakin CEO!) enabled HTML in this forum! So I fixed my post to have the video embedded!
Old 10-01-2009, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)