View Single Post

Oil pump

Almost did it yesterday. The engine and trans are bolted together and ready to go in. So we started adding the new oil lines to the turbo and when we are putting the one on the little cam fed oil pump that feeds oil to the turbo, the fitting that comes out is very loose. So we decided to put a crush washer in it. Well, better said than done.

We had to take the pump off the car. Then on a vice, pull the dumb ass piece out. While looking at it, we say that its the same fitting as a fuel filter end. So we took out a new fuel filter and took that end out. It is a little longer which made it perfect.

We then re tapped the pump. Opened it up...(In case anyone ever has to do this. You have to take out the three long bolts, which takes off the back housing, then there is a small rod that goes through the back, tap that out and you see the two gears that run the pump.) then I cleaned the crap out of the inside, due to the metal chips inside from the tapping. Put it all back together.

Well all that took until 12 am, so I went home. I am about to go back to the shop now and hope to have a running car today. Wish me luck.

Rob
Old 10-06-2009, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)