View Single Post

Done....Well almost....

Well today we did it. We put the engine and trans in. Then hooked it all up. Started up and then stalled. Then Mike adjusted the fuel distributor thing and then it started and ran. Man did it run good. Not much smoke at all. Well at least not out of the engine. We didn't tighten one of the Hydro cam tensioner lines and it was dropping oil on one of the headers. So smoke everywhere. That and the drain plug on the round screen thing on the bottom of the engine were leaking. That was it as far as engine oil. Trans, had one place. On the bottom of the trans there is a small plate that is held on by four nuts. We changed the gasket, still leaked. We re-drained the trans and opened it up to find that the aluminum was crimped on one side. We flatted it out and made it smooth. Put the gasket and resealed it. Still its dripping about 2 drips every 5 mins.

Also, I think that we are going to rebuild the petal assembally tomorrow. Along with the CV joints. One of the boots ripped. So we ordered the boots for all 4.

Some of the gauges are not working . The boost gauge seems to want to work. I know from dealing with other 911's that when a gauge grounds, it pegs as soon as you put the ign. on. Well, the oil level is doing that. So I believe that there is a bad wire. The oil press. is fine, the fuel level is fine, the boost, when I put the ign. on doesn't peg but when I start the car, it pegs. leading me to believe that its the sensor. the two lights on the oil pressure gauge in the middle don't work. I think they are an oil level light and alt. light. The both don't work. All that is minor so I can live with it for now.

I think that is it. I kept the compressor and the compressor bracket out of the car for now. It will be going in, in the spring.

I should be driving it tomorrow. Only for about 100 miles, at around 65 MPH. Then I am bringing it back for an oil change. Then Friday its going to the Cape with me. I can't wait.

Rob

Here are a few pics from today.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)