View Single Post

Well all the questions you ask are good. I just came back from the shop. I thought I was getting the car today. I drove it. Drove fine, until about 3200 RPM then it would starve for fuel. They spent the about 2 hours on timing. They drilled a hole in the exhaust and put a fitting on where the two header leads go to the turbo. They hooked up to a computer and read the air to fuel mix. They made the adjustments and it runs beautifully. Still at around 32-3300 RPMs it would starve for fuel.

We checked the two fuel pumps and found that the rear fuel pump was not plugged in. We plugged it in and it worked like a charm. Only thing is when we went for a road test, it is now to much fuel. So I just left the car there now to be retimed and the air fuel mixture readjusted. I should be in the car tomorrow.

A bunch of small things seemed to have popped up. The sump cover on the bottom of the engine was leaking and stripped and we got a new one. One of the oil sumps lines on the pass side to the main oil sump was leaking. We changed that. The rear sway bar links had to be changed.

Anyway. I am trying to be calm. I should have the car tomorrow.

Rob
Old 10-08-2009, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)