View Single Post
Canucks Fan

Benny
I don't know what parts are on a short list for availability but what I have been doing is slowly picking up some "project stoppers", you know the part you don't have that puts the project on hold while you wait for stuff, as an example I bought the door membrains to reseal up the door panels if you have to go in there, it was about 12 bucks for both and I don't mind keeping that around and hope I never have to use them. I know the center rear reflector is un available and that makes me wonder about turn signal and brake light lenes and how long they will be still around.
Another thing I've been doing because of our good dollar is buying parts for my future front
and rear suspension rebuilds, this won't happen till the winter of 10-11 but I figure by that time the Yank buck will be back to the usual 25% on the Canuck buck so I'm actually saving 25% on the job by buying the parts now.
I have an 87 930 and have had it for 14 months, I stay stock for the most part, I've put on a 930S wheel, a RarlyL8 muffler and pipe* and a Wevo short shift kit, that I will install ASAP and that is probably going to be it, well maybe the RarlyL8 headers but I have a long term plan for my car as a sunny day daily driver.
To try and buy what may be obsolete parts in 2 - 5 - 10 years is gonna be hard to do and costly, get a plan for what you want your car to be that fits with how you are going to use it and then pick up the stuff that fits the plan when it fits the budget.
There's always going to be the aftermarket suppliers and there is always used so I wouldn't worry too much about that 1 missing part
IMHO
* Get the pipe, its better than advertized
Old 10-11-2009, 10:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)