Thread: Blowin Smoke?
View Single Post

Garage
Blowin Smoke?

So I recently had a mechanic re-seal the the top end of the motor due to some serious leakage. My 930 always blew out a small puff of smoke on start-up but ever since this was done, when I start her up she now blows a fairly large initial cloud of smoke.
I don't believe she is burning oil, the motor checked out when the mechanic was in there, so this started after the work was completed. I also don't see any smoke blowing after it is started up.

Any motor heads out there have any ideas about the issue? I am going to take it back to him to correct but would like to have some idea of what it might be in case he tries to tell me it is some other issue. I just worry that something may not be adjusted correctly in the motor to cause the extra smoke.
Thanks,
Stephen
87 930 Super Cup (964) Cams , Andial K27 7200 Turbo, Andial Intercooler, Twin Plug, Andial Fuel Enrichment System, Carillo Rods, Mahle Pistons, Raceware head studs, Adjustable Turbo, Ruf Wheels, plus much more...
Old 10-12-2009, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)