Thread: Super rich!
View Single Post
Blitzkrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Probably just a coincidence that it started running rich when it got cold ouside. Something else is obviously haywire.

Do you have power to the electrical plug-in to the WUR (I think the fuel pumps have to be running in order to read any voltage there). Start her up, unplug the connector and check the voltage. Loss of voltage would not allow the WUR to heat up properly and it would stay in a richer cold start mode with lower control pressures. I would definitely start your diagnostics at the WUR. If control pressures check out, then look at the cold start thermotime switch and injector. The 77's don't have any emmissions crap (like a Lambda O2 sensor system) do they?

Ran my '87 up the canyon Saturday morning, probably 35 degrees out max. Crammed a lot of cold air in there and just went like a bat out of hades.
Well I started and checked voltage and it was .033 volts, I assume it should have 12 volts?
Old 10-12-2009, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)