View Single Post

I’ll comment as best as I can here:

I am an interested buyer in the car (and am supposedly in line after someone who has allegedly sent their deposit already) and Jon was very up front with me that the car had been painted before I ever went to look at it. Now that I have looked at it, I can say the following:

I ran a Carfax on the car on my own account and it is spotless. I will even e-mail it to anyone that wants to see it.

Whoever painted the car did a VERY good job. ZERO tape lines in ANY jambs or under any seal (Glass-out respray probably)! ZERO overspray! Someone spent some serious time on this paint job.

Could I tell that it has been painted? You betcha, but the sun was down and florescent lights in a garage are not very nice when it comes to revealing flaws. There was some orange peel, but that is easily fixed with some color sanding. There was some evidence of primer sanding below the base color coat in spots, but again, in the sunlight I bet they disappear.

There are some minor rock chips in the nose of the car, but there are supposed to be, he DRIVES it!

That’s my $0.02 after seeing the car, up close, last night.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)