View Single Post
Boost Freak

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
So I will take a stab at this...

Intercoolers don't give you more horsepower, rather they can help free up more power that is already there by keeping the charge cooler.

There are a few manufacturers that you can find out there for the 930 and 965... Kokeln, Andial, Garretson, B&B, Blown6, and then of course there are people on here that have made their own intercooler. You can even look at the factory 965 intercooler as it is better then the factory 930 from what I have heard.

There are variables too... do you want to keep factory A/C? Are you going to go EFI? It goes on and on....

For the most part it is all in what you want and need.

New, these can run from the low end $1000-2000, so not really low cost, but what is on a Porsche.
Good info, thanks. I don't plan on going EFI, but I could lose the AC compressor without too much concern (it's not working anyway).

The car runs amazingly strong when the cooler weather hits, so I imagine a better intercooler would help the car run stronger all the way around. I don't have many resources for extensive fab work, so I was hoping to keep it as a bolt on ready or as a minor mod install.

I'll research on some of the manufacturers that you listed and see what else I can find out. Thanks again.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)