View Single Post
3 restos WIP = psycho

I do worry about the volatility of pure methanol and the availability of blue washer fluid on road trips is compelling. Getting the juice in a pinch when you aren't near home to access a 50 gallon drum of methanol is my most major concern, as I do a 2000 mile trip every year in my 911s.

You CAN use ethanol in lieu of methanol with the same maps and can buy it in gallon jugs at Home Depot in a pinch, but at $20/gallon, that is not the most economical route. Knowing that with your engine spec that you are successfully running 50/50 is great news. The engine on the stand in my garage right now is a 2.3L turbo that is basically identical to your setup with the exception that it has custom lobe center GT2 cams and a smaller turbo. Same CR, twin plugs, etc.

I will be PMing you one day in the future in hopes of getting your MSII maps to use as a tuning baseline. I figure that a 3.2SS fully dialed in will be perfect as a fat starting point that I can also dial back to perfect AFRs.

Your input has been valuable beyond words and is greatly appreciated. I thought that I was on the Wild West frontier on my build; it is nice to find someone has already blazed a trail.

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930
Old 10-15-2009, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)