View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai View Post
I don't know which core Mode used to be honest. The cost everyone asked? I paid 7k Cdn. and I got through a tuning shop in town so they have their cut in it too. I know it is extravagant for street car but intercooler is the main feature you see in the 930 engine when the lid is up. I love the look of the intercooler and when I saw it on another 930 in town here; I said one day I have to have it. :-)

The benefits from cnc method is not just look, the air flow is much smoother and easier to control. This intercooler is lighter than the half-bay B6 that I had before. The shape of end tank is shaped beautifully. This is the ultimate intercooler for 930 in my opinion. As for testing, I don't have any data to share with you guys. Sorry.
Air flow has "no control in the core or tank", it has a path that can be impacted by the design of the IC. I have lab tested many intercoolers (4 or 5 on a 930 alone) over the years many factors contribute to smooth flow of movement of air:
1) IC cores and tanks
2) Dia. of pipes (material as well)
3) No of elbows (turns and twists)
4) Distance travelled

A hand made end tank will flow equally well as your CNC one. The CNC tanks requires much less time, effort and material (and potentially look sexier..as evidenced by yours). Want trick end tanks, polish the inside of the tank to a perfect mirror!

Our car's ultra small, compact and very hot engine bay sadly dictate the IC design and location, tying our hands and the limiting the choices - frustrating to a ghastly level (especially if you want to keep the air conditioning).

I have never been shy spending money on my car but I cannot justify $7KCdn on an IC but I applaud your efforts to have a beautiful yet 100% functional piece on your car - as you say "possibly the finest 930 intercooler".

Win-win all around to keep our great vendors in business, support the economy and you end up with a truly fantastic intercooler.
Thanks for sharing.
Yasin
Old 10-15-2009, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)