View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZR500 View Post
Great set-up sjf911, I was toying with the idea of either intercooling or using water/meth injection for my Supercharge application. It's funny this thread came along, since someone from the 930 cround suggested to me using this system a while back.

Since I have limited space under my hood, due to my Paxton taking almost half, putting an intercooler would be a hell of a job, it will probably be more costly as well,... intercooler ain't chaep.

Are these kits pretty easy to install, for a moderate DIY kind of person???

Obviously tuning would be a chalenge, but I could always swing by TPC and have them doing the final touch.

Anyone has done this on supercharge 3.2 before, from what I gather the 3.2 intake is a more direct flow path than the 930, so this should be a great application,.. right?

Stephan

It was a relatively easy but tedious install for me. Installing the controller was the most time consuming process as I had to fabricate a sheet-metal insert in the center console to mount the controller to. If I had to do it over again, I would get the controller that looks and fits like a standard 52mm gauge. You do have to have to tap into a vacuum/boost source (brake booster before the check valve), switched and always hot 12v power and a relay, as well as assemble the pump/tank combo and mount it along with running the wires to and from the controller and the injector line to the engine compartment. I ran my plumbing zip tied to the AC lines but protected by plastic wiring sleeve. I chose to braze on a bung to mount my injector rather than simply drill and tap the pipe. All in all, I think it took the better part of a weekend to get it finished.

Last edited by sjf911; 10-15-2009 at 12:43 PM..
Old 10-15-2009, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)