View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by proffighter View Post
Same thoughts by myself

Cannot understand the design of the TB side. I think, wherever port is, smooth shapes are the key, but this is with sharp edges and almost right-angled at the outlet of tank. Can't believe this supports flow. I am sure Porsche spent a lot of time in tank design. The goal is to connect core with TB the shortest and most flow keeping way and that's why the 965 IC looks like it looks

I am no engineer, but I don't think I am completely wrong. I am familiar with hydraulics and there exists a phenomenon called cavitation and this true for all fluids and in my eyes, air acts similar.
Yes, He copied and expanded on the C2Turbos design on the front but did not do so in the back.

Yes, the end tanks design is important to distribution across the core but the back can taper from end to center just like the front dose. The main thing is that the tank dose not create restriction to the tank extremes and that volume is not excessive so velocity changes quickly or unnecessarily I am thinking.

Having that extra foot of turns is just not what one would expect for that kind of money. Porsche's TB side is a much more appropriate design. Sorry, did not want to go there.

Only thing I can think is he intended it for an EFI conversion and adapted it to CIS.

Still, it dose look nice and I am sure it is more efficient than most aftermarket CIS inter-coolers with its wide, thin, short run core layout which probably not get any better.

If he ever decides to go EFI this IC will easily be adapted to a Carrera, C2 or other upgrade manifold.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)