View Single Post

Thank you 964 T and Mark for the advises. After I got home, I tried to start the car again. It was reading 14.7 on the warm up cycle, then going down to 14.2. After maybe 5 minutes, it went up to 15.7-15.9. It didn't become so rich like 9-10 like last night. I don't know if it is the intermittent power failure because last night, while the AFR was going down from 13.5 to 10, the display on the UTCIS software did not change values nor did not flicker if there was intermittent power failure. But I 'm not sure.
Since I was reading a little leaner a while ago, I remembered what Mark said to check all other stuff like O2 Sensor, I unplugged the stock oxygen sensor and the AFR went rich like 12.8-13. I adjusted the fuel distributor and got the 14.2-14.5. The AFR became stable even after 5-10 minutes. I ran the car on boost and the car pulled stronger than last night. I just need some more adjustment on the MAP on my digital WUR coz I am running rich on boost like 10.4. Went back home and let the car rest for 10 minutes. I started the car again and the AFR was 14.3-14.7 and a couple of minutes later settled to 14.2-14.3.
I would say the car ran better and more stable with the stock oxygen sensor unplugged. Will it be better this way unplugged or will it do bad effect to the car's performance in the long run?

What would be the normal AFR if you are cruising in the 2nd gear on 3000 rpm and 40 mph? My AFR is 13.6. Is this lean or rich?

Thank you again for all the help!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)