View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben parrish View Post
i wa just wondering if I had to replace some of the injectors, would it be wise to go up in size or simply not necessary.
thanks,
Ben
I would recommend that you sell your used 3.2 injectors and purchase a used set of higher capacity injectors. As Goran mentioned, there are lower cost, higher capacity injectors out there that will provide the fuel delivery you need. There are only two variables with any injectors; duty cycle and fuel pressure. I not aware where the duty cycle of the sits on the 3.2, but it's probably near 85%. You can raise the fuel pressure on boost( ~10% ), but going above factory rated injector pressure may give you unpredictable reliability, spray-pattern results.

How much horsepower do you seek in percentages? 10, 20, 30%?
If you are seeking a .5BAR maximum, use the rule of thumb of 10BHP gain for every .1BAR increase....my vote goes to bigger injectors.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 10-17-2009, 03:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)