View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben parrish View Post
Goran, I have read many of your past post and value your opinion based on your experience. I do, however, have to ask you why you don't recommend using a RRFPR but many people that have done these conversions say it's a must? Even Protomotive has this as standard equipment on their conversions.
thanks,
Ben
I a bit against RRFPR because it strains fuel pump and is non-linear device where boost enrichment is governed by a spring and is superimposed over actual fuel MAP. I'm even more against adjustable FPR as they allow you to make complete EFI map obsolete with one turn of the pressure-adjusting screw.

I'm not aware how different companies engineer their conversions. But 3.2 engine is already EFI and you could do the conversion "the right way" with 400$ worth of MegaSquirt II and bigger injectors while keeping predictable stock 3 bar FPR in place. I understand that you can do light-boost conversion relatively simple and cheap with RRFPR's and such but I still believe that proper turbo conversion should use 3 bar stock FPR, properly sized injectors and WBO2-verified fuel map.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)