Thread: Turbo selection
View Single Post

A cheap and good turbo is the older Garret T03/T04s, a well proven turbo. I've been told they have been successfully used on 3.2 conversions. They don't have ball bearings like the GT series, more inline with the technology of a K27 so they would need more oil than a GT, they have a T3 flange so will bolt straight on. About half the price of a GT but I don't know how long they will last. Like this one: Garrett T3/TO4E 60 trim w/.82 a/r

If money really is a huge concern on this project I think you might be taking something on that you can't afford... Remember your car is going to be putting out a lot more power and weaknesses will come to light, stock rear torsion bars struggle with the power and need upgrading, standard carrera brakes aren't the greatest, the rubber center clutch will s#it itself quicker, engine wear will be increased and it's first rebuild will come around faster, all expensive factors to consider...
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 10-18-2009, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)