View Single Post
Metal Guru

Garage
It's always interesting to hear how people think that the 997 series possesses such "sterile" handling, as if we all have the experience and ability to hustle our Turbo cars around a track, tail out and in perfect control, lap after lap.

Yesterday while traveling at speeds that could have easily landed me in jail, I would have gladly paid for some of that "sterile" handling instead of the constant intervention my car required to keep it on the road.

The fact is that the GT3 can be driven fast by enthusiasts like ourselves, who, for the most part, have average performance driving skills, mostly due to limited seat time. As a weekend warrior I feel that it's much less frustrating to have a car that goes where you point it. It allows me to concentrate on other things such as driving the proper line through the turn. Such a car is naturally faster than older technology I think that we all agree that more speed = more fun (after all, that's why we own Turbos).

Don't get me wrong, I love older Porsches like 930s, Carreras and SCs. They are special for their own reasons. When it's time to go really fast I feel that I'm better off in the most competent car I can access.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 10-18-2009, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)