View Single Post
Infidel

Secan make the best intercooler cores in the world, also the most expensive! For their intercoolers they guarantee to keep the charge air within 20-degrees of ambient.

I have no idea what 90% efficiency equates to? But as i said, if you can get anywhere near what Secan can do you are on the right track. The only way to test this is to have a sensor reading temp after the intercooler along with a sensor reading ambient.

Definitely large surface area and thin cores are what you are looking for in a design for our engine, as has been mentioned we couldn't have a worse place to put the damned thing, so efficiency is paramount!

Some pics of Secan coolers, note the thickness and how compact the cores look, these things cost 20k or $35k..... Big money!! But they did exactly what they said they would do

This a 993tt road version using Secan cores, a close up shot for you

I have no idea what cores are used on this, but it was up for sale recently and it looked quite nice for a single turbo cooler, did anyone here buy it?

I really like that MODE cooler, would be nice to see how efficient it actually is, but without some data you will never know which is a shame.......
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 10-19-2009, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)