View Single Post
Infidel

The money in the Secan intercooler is the core, not in the manufacture of the end tanks, they are for aerospace use and therefore are mega money, and also mega efficient.
There is simply no other core available that performs the same, and Secan don't sell the cores to just anyone.
As i mentioned earlier, they guarantee to keep the air within 20-degrees of ambient, i doubt that even this would be classed as 90% efficiency? Anyone claiming better results than this is talking ****e!

I like the look of some of the blown6 coolers, but the cores do look very crude, it would be great to see some actual data between what is out there, but that's a tall order I guess.

To give you guys some idea of the bull **** that goes around, there has been a large 993tt replacement intercooler doing the rounds for years, here is a pic

I was about to get one for mine, even tried it on for size

Then i did some research and was told that RS Tuning tried one of these units and concluded that it was considerably worse than the stock item!

I would also think that the stock 964 turbo intercooler would out perform most of the aftermarket offerings!
Still would be lovely to know what cores MODE use
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 10-19-2009, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)